Area Man Apparently Thinks We Give A Fuck His Poetry

 Yeah I know I said something every day. Never been much good at resolutions, New Years or otherwise.

Anyway here's one of my poems from ages ago. Used to do it as part of my standup set/endless self-regarding nonsense campaign.  

SIGNS

I walked beneath a bleak, cruel sky

Internally invoked higher forces

Oh, I was one sad, dismal guy

Fixated on death and divorces

I beseached him, the notional deity

With an honest and heartfelt wish

"Just PROVE yourself, come on, matey!"

And it began to rain fish.

From an empty sky they poured out

Snapper, haddock, chub, dace.

Herring, salmon, eels and trout

Wrasse. Sharks. Catfish. Plaice.

And for a second I thought I knew

"He's real after all, the sod!"

And then I twigged to the cryptic clue.

It sounds like there is no cod.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Area Man Apparently Thinks We Give A Fuck About Him Going For A Walk